NewsKnowledge we want to share
vProtect 3.8 update 1 RELEASED!
Storware is pleased to announce the general availability of vProtect 3.8 Update 1 – Modernized Data Protection for Open Virtual Machines, Containers & Cloud. vProtect 3.8 NEBULA introduced many compelling changes, including Amazon EC2 backup support with snapshot-management and file-level restore capabilities and Google Cloud Storage as a new backup destination.
- vProtect 3.8 Update 1 introduces 3rd backup strategy for RHV/oVirt 4.2+ environments. Using direct SSH transfer from hypervisors vProtect will be able to perform backups significantly faster. All of the features that currently vProtect supports for oVirt 4.2 are now also available for Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager.
- Another big update is a technical preview of OpenStack support. Currently for environments with KVM VMs using QCOW2 disks. We also provided Horizon integration to allow more seamless integration.
- For Oracle VM we introduced option to exclude drives. This version also updates our encryption mechanism for Azure and File System backup destinations to support large VM backups. Update 1 also provides minor UI improvements and fix for “snapshot ID not found in the DB” if full backup has not been done yet.
- New: RHV/oVirt – new “SSH transfer” export/import mode
- New: Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager support – same feature set as for oVirt 4.2
- New: OpenStack – full/incremental backup support
- New: OpenStack – file-level restore support
- New: OpenStack Horizon integration
- New: Oracle VM – disk exclusion support
- New: Kubernetes – support for containerd
- New: Web UI – improvements in batch hypervisor operations like node/password modification
- New: Web UI – improved backup status reporting
- Update: updated Azure/filesystem encryption mechanism to support 64+ GB backups
- Fix: automatic full backup if snapshot ID for incremental backup has not been recorded yet